• Create a Login page to enter user name and password
• On submit, validate the user name / password against MySQL database
• If the authentication is successful, forward to home page showing welcome message along with the user name.
• If the authentication fails, return back to the login page with appropriate error message.
• If there is exception / errors during authentication process return back to login page with appropriate error message.
• MySQL and Tomcat is already installed
• MySQL is setup with database and tables for use. Refer Simple Login Application for details
• You have basic knowledge of Java and J2EE web applications.
• Basic idea about Struts 1 or 2 or at least about MVC design
• IDE set up for Struts 2
• Struts2 key components
• Difference between struts 1 and struts 2 highlighted