• Create a Login page to enter user name and password
• On submit, validate the user name / password against MySQL database
• If the authentication is successful, forward to home page showing welcome message along with the user name.
• If the authentication fails, return back to the login page with appropriate error message.
• If there is exception / errors during authentication process return back to login page with appropriate error message.
• MySQL and Tomcat is already installed
• You have basic knowledge of MySQL to create tables and insert / update records.
• You have basic knowledge of Java and J2EE web applications.
• Have your favorite IDE for developing / reviewing code.
• JDBC connectivity to MySQL from Servlet
• Simple application of JSTL tag
• Using session variable in Servlet
• Polymorphism concept using JDBC
• Basic error handling concepts
NOTE: Don’t even think of using the code as is for a production environment
This is just for education purpose but you can take inspiration from this code.
Checkout our similar article on simple login application using Struts 2 Framework
- Next >>