Page 1 of 3
- Create a Registration Form to enter user name, password, first name, last name, email address, secret question, answer and register a new user to system.
- Validate if the user name and password is not blank. Display error message to user, if either of them is blank.
- Validate if the user name already exists and display an error message to the user
- In the event of an error, ensure that registration form is displayed again with all prefilled information
- On successful registration, set the user name in session and forward to home page.
- MySQL and Tomcat is already installed
- You have basic knowledge of MySQL to create tables and insert / update records
- You have basic knowledge of Java and J2EE web applications
- Have your favorite IDE for developing / reviewing code
- This workshop adds the registration functionality to the previous article Simple Login Application. Reviewing that article prior to this article would help.
- JDBC connectivity to MySQL from Servlet
- Simple application of JSTL tag
- Using request attribute and request parameters
- Basic error handling concepts
NOTE: Don’t even think of using the code as is for a production environment
This is just for education purpose but you can take inspiration from this code.
- Next >>